Getting Divorced? You Can Save Too
“Texans file between 85,000 and 100,000 divorces each year,” says Ed Sherman, author of How to Do Your Own Divorce in Texas, a Divorce Specialist Attorney and founder of the self-help legal movement. Since the first edition came out in 1980 approximately half a million people have saved hundreds to thousands of dollars each using this book. This might explain why the Texas Bar tried and failed to suppress Sherman’s book and other self-help legal information five years ago!
Texas divorce laws are subject to change every other year when the Texas Legislature meets. The 11th Edition of How to Do Your Own Divorce in Texas is completely up to date with legislation that went into effect September 1, 2007. Since the book is only updated every other year, after the Texas Legislature meets, this will remain the current edition until September 2009. Here are 5 ways this book can help you save money and get a better divorce.
5 Tips for a Better Divorce
- Get informed! Learn the rules of divorce, and how they apply to you.
- Use a complete kit to do it yourself. Sherman’s How to Do Your Own Divorce in Texas includes general information on divorce in Texas, specific instructions, and forms on CD-ROM.
- Don’t fall for divorce kits and internet forms services that cost up to $250 but don’t have the depth of scope and information, reliable step-by-step instructions, and answers that eliminate uncertainty.
- Beware of products and services that are not accurate, up to date, or complete.
- Use the worksheets included with How to Do Your Own Divorce in Texas to get organized and save lots of time, trouble and money! As long as there is no legal opposition, anyone can do it!