Author Shows Texans How to Save MILLIONS in Divorce Fees
THIS BOOK IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE
“The way attorneys work within the legal system tends to cause trouble, raise the level of conflict and greatly increase your expense. If possible, you should do your own divorce,” says Ed Sherman, author of the 11th Edition of How to Do Your Own Divorce in Texas, a Divorce Specialist Attorney and founder of the legal self-help movement.
Texans have saved over $400 Million in lawyer fees since the first edition of How to Do Your Own Divorce in Texas came out in 1980. You can save too, and get a much better divorce, by following Sherman’s easy-to-follow instructions and advice. Here are some tips to save money and get a better divorce, as revealed in Sherman’s book.
5 Secrets for a Better Divorce
- Don’t rush into divorce while feeling desperate, angry, or emotionally pressured. You have many important decisions to make and they should be made calmly and clearly.
- It is OK to use an attorney, but don’t retain one to take over your case. You should stay in control of your divorce!
- Take an active role in your divorce: become informed about the rules and make your own decisions.
- Keep it simple! If one spouse gets an attorney, the other one might too. Two attorneys start off costing just double, but soon they are writing letters, filing motions and creating conflict, which means escalating costs. Save on legal fees so you can send your own child to college–not some lawyer’s.
- Remember that fighting will not prevent a divorce, it will only make it more unpleasant and much more expensive.
Leave a Reply